Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Got done with game day. "We played a short encounter for Dungeons and Dragons 4.0. I mean really really short. The 10 minute drive over was longer then actual play. The system this week was trying to do RPG, but the tests were too simple. We then played a really cool card game called Dominion. You build your own deck as you play the game from a pool of cards in the middle of the table.

There will be NO encounters next week, because that is the forth.
I was looking at the real possibility of doing a path finder session this Saturday though. I have found that I need to look at the construction of Barbarian hoards. I have to well out the world in my campaign much more then it is. It seems to be an empty bowl. Many of the modules maintain a detachment from a world.

So what if you want to have barbarian hordes? Are they slavers? What makes them so different from civilied peoples? Is the life tougher? Do they come from tougher stalk? What kinds of religions do they have?
What do they use for money? Does gold mean anything to a full on barbarian? What is treasure to them?


No comments:

Post a Comment